I’m always kind of fascinated when I read about other people’s configuration and tools that they use on daily basis. And how they use them. It might be because it’s the easiest way to actually learn something from them. You can also establish some idea on the skills that this guy or gal possess.
A lot of stuff is going on in my PPA lately, including its new, redesigned website. Many packages has been removed, added and updated to the latest versions, so I won’t be able to cover all of these changes. Here are the ones I find most noteworthy:
- Audacious 3.4-beta1: new upstream beta release.
- Geary 0.3.1: new upstream release.
- Midori 0.5.0: new upstream release. 0.4.8 was moved to unstable branch.
- Musique 1.2.1: new upstream release.
- Pantheon-Files 0.1: initial release, but working fine.
- Scratch 1.1.1: initial release, more testers needed.
- Plank: I’m waiting for valac-0.20 to enter Debian repositories.
That’s it so far. If you have any suggestions or you want to report any bugs, catch me on twitter.
This upgrade guide assumes, that you previously followed Deploying Seafile with nginx and MySQL on Debian Wheezy and now you are upgrading to the latest stable release, 1.5.0.
You can always find (and collaborate!) latest version of this guide on GitHub: Upgrading Seafile.
Now that eOS Luna Beta 1 was released, I decided to switch to it completely. Awhile ago I gave some nightly builds a try, I liked what I saw, but it had too many rough edges for me at that time and I switched back to Debian. How long will it last this time? We’ll see.
- audacious 3.3.2: bugfix release, available in experimental.
- deja-dup 2.40.0: first stable release of 2.40 branch, available in experimental.
- midori 0.4.7: latest upstream release, available both in unstable and experimental (GTK+3).
- uberwriter 12.10.02: first public beta, available in experimental branch (be careful with this one and report any encountered bugs).
If you, like me, need distraction-free editor to create proper content, then you will love UberWriter! I started (successfully) porting this app to Debian and you can find 12.08.28 release in my experimental branch. Be cautious however, cause this release by default installs under
/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/uberwriter path. If you want to help me, then please grab package (*.deb should be sufficient) from here: deb.ianod.es/debian/incoming. The only difference is the usage of the default installation path (
/usr/share etc.), but I didn’t had time to test it myself. Have fun and please report any problems you will encounter! (: